The panel will explore:
- Fundamental similarities between pandemics and climate risk.
- Steps that could be taken to align the immediate pandemic responses with the imperatives of sustainability.
- How to leverage tools such as blended finance to advance climate smart financing.
- The opportunities for the financial sector to contribute towards climate change goals.
- The innovative ways for regulatory and supervisory authorities to address climate change-related risks and meet the SDGs.
- How to promote financial market and product innovations such as green bonds and market-based financing of green infrastructure initiatives.